Sunday, March 3, 2013

The Affordable Care Act Nobody Can Afford

 

Many people that Obamacare is now the law, there continues to be what is not a minority expressing their educated opinions that we are running to a catastrophic conclusion of this battle.

Although many point to the medical systems in the United Kingdom, Canada and elsewhere some in those systems are negative about the U.S.’s journey to Obamacare.

Canada Free Press

Among those are

Dr. Ileana Johnson Paugh, (Romanian Conservative)  a freelance writer (Canada Free Press, Romanian Conservative, usactionnews.com), author, radio commentator (Her book, “Echoes of Communism, is available at Amazon in paperback and Kindle. Short essays describe health care, education, poverty, religion, social engineering, and confiscation of property. A second book, “Liberty on Life Support,” is also available at Amazon in paperback and Kindle. A third book, “U.N. Agenda 21: Environmental Piracy,” is a best seller at Amazon.com under Globalism, Politics, and Environmental Policy.

Dr Paugh reflects upon how this change in American Medicine will effect freedom.

The plight of the physician who took an oath to care for a patient is real. The law and the accoutrements surrounding it, with a myriad collection of electronic documents,consent forms, and permissions to share protected information with a broad sweep of one electronic signature amounts to an extortion of consent (without which the patient could be denied a doctor’s care. Unknowingly physicians have become unwilling accomplices rule by attorneys, and organizations more intent upon protecting themselves than helping a patient become well again.

Case in point:

 

I was just handed the Phreesia computer tablet by the receptionist under the guise of updating my medical and insurance information. I had seen this orange notebook in another doctor’s office and I became suspicious. Is this really meant to verify, as the website claims, my insurance eligibility automatically and help doctors collect on their insurance while easing the load of paperwork? Or is it forced electronic data compliance to Obamacare?

As soon as I started reading each screen, I realized that it was asking me to consent to third parties to obtain my medication prescription history from my pharmacy and to my entire medical history.

I had the right to request and restrict as to how my protected health information was used or disclosed. However, when I declined to sign, the computer stopped, and prompted me to talk to the receptionist. She informed me that diagnosis and/or treatment “may be conditioned upon my consent.”

The electronic screen and the paper copy the receptionist gave me said, “The [name withheld] is not required to agree to the restrictions that I may request and may refuse treatment based on my restriction as permitted by Section 164.506 of the Code of Federal Regulations.” 

Suddenly, because I refused the IRS and HHS meddling in my personal health affairs, I had become persona-non-grata (unwanted person) to my doctor who had sworn a Hippocratic Oath to care for me and any patient who comes across his/her path.

In other words, I would not be treated if I did not sign yes. I had the right to say no, don’t give my medical information and history to anyone else but the doctor is not required to honor my request and may refuse treatment to me as permitted by Section 164.506 of the Code of Federal Regulations. In other words the physician, or hospital representative becomes an enforcer of federal law. Taken out the context of real situations it paints a bleak picture of what freedom is not in the U.S.A.

Welcome to the destruction of our stellar healthcare and patient/doctor confidentiality, compliments of Obamacare.

How affordable is this Obamacare, the unfortunately named, the Affordable Care Act? The Democrats and the President said that costs would be so much lower; it would save the typical family $2,500 per year.

The cheapest category of Obamacare is the Bronze Plan which costs $20,000 per year for a family of two adults and three children and it pays only 60% of medical costs after the deductibles for the year have been met. And the deductibles are high per person and per family. The following tiers are Silver (70%), Gold (80%), and During my 30-year teaching career, Dr Paugh goes on to explain, “I seldom had to pay more than $3,600 a year premium for private insurance for my family. Even a retirement private plan did not cost more than $8,000 per year with 80% reimbursement as opposed to only 60% reimbursement under the Obamacare Bronze Plan. Is Obamacare really affordable? The answer is a resounding no.Platinum (90%).”

Everybody’s private insurance has been disrupted and private premiums have escalated,

The federal government has built a data hub to be used only for Obamacare without saying how it will be run. The HHS has released 13,000 pages of regulations with only 30 days for public comment while attempting to re-engineer 17% of the economy. (WSJ, It’s a Mad, Mad, Mad Obamacare, December 13, 2012)

On the deadline of December 14, 2012 states had to declare health insurance exchanges. At that time, only six states (Colorado, Massachusetts, Maryland, Oregon, and Washington) received conditional approval from the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) to operate their own exchanges. Twenty-six states stated that they will not set up exchanges.

These items are only the tip of the iceberg now showing, the remaking portions (90%) lie below the water line ready to sink the ‘Titanic” of Obama care

More than $719 billion will be taken from Medicare over the next ten years to pay for Obama care. According to Rep. Wally Herger, Chairman of the House Ways and Means Subcommittee on Health, the Independent Payment Advisory Board established by Obamacare is authorized to unilaterally impose price controls and de facto rationing of medical care.

Medicare is already in trouble. Taking $719 billion over ten years from Medicare to fund Obamacare will exacerbate financial problems. Medicare benefits are not a return on taxes paid into the system over time because Medicare is run as “pay as you go” - today’s wage earners pay taxes to fund benefits for today’s retirees. Since people live longer, “Medicare payroll taxes cover only 38 percent of current benefits.” (Rep. Wally Herger)

The Canada Free Press elaborates further.

And this is from a Canadian Press. They are probably wondering, where do we go now?

1 comment:

Jeremy Green said...

This makes me very unhappy even though it will probably be good for my business...