- GeriPal (blog)
- POGOe – Portal of Geriatric Online Education (clinical resource)
- Geriatric Nursing (podcast)
- CareGiving (community site)
- The American Geriatrics Society Like (Facebook group)
- Wen Dombrowski MD (Twitter)
- American Geriatrics (Twitter)
- GeriPsych Consult (mobile app)
- Health AGEnda (blog)
- John A. Hartford Foundation (Youtube)
Senior citizens are getting much attention from politicians and health care professionals. Deservedly so since they are the unfortunate who are involuntarily ‘consuming’ health care. It’s the nature of aging and human life.
No one wants to be ill or infirm. The term “consumers of health care’ implies that healthcare is produced, or that health itself is produced. Perhaps that is what preventive medicine, healthy diets, exercise, stressful living and a good quality of lifestyle is all about.
The list of links at the start of the article is for mature adults and their caregivers. (credits to Bertalan Mesko MD and Webcina. I recommend giving it to you patients.