Monday, August 5, 2013

October Residency Approved for AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™

 

This amazes even me. The original skeptic and cynic whose attitudes and social media mores and ethics carefully developed an honed after 40 years of practicing medicine.  God bless the United Social Media of Medicine (U.S.S.M). 

The goal for Social Media Residency is that participants will develop a plan for strategically applying social media tools in their work. Download Sample Agenda/Curriculum, and see the Social Media Residency page for more background on the program.

See the Social Media Week page for an overview of the entire week's events, and for links to where you can register.

How relevant is social media to physicians?   The title speaks to it all.  This amazes even me. I mean I have been working at this for years, and I never imagined I would earn CME courses.  Will I be ‘grandfathered’ as a certified social butterfly?

Will I have to meet CME requirements annually to participate on twitter, Facebook or Google plus, as well  ?  Since I have about ten years of experience on social media I want to nominate myself to be on the     ‘Board’ of the Joint Commission of Social Media in Medicine’. My credentials include a self-nomination’ as expert in social media, SEO, semantics, entrepreneur, one of the original founding users of Google plus and a pioneer of Hangout heavens.

Mayo Clinic

Social Media Week

Mayo Clinic designates this live activity for a maximum of 11.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.

Note: To applicants:

There are two parts to this examination:

1.Written: Participant will converse on four social media sites simultaneously.

2.Oral examination: Google  hangout with 9 other social media (all certified by the board.) (meaning me !) Participants will have the option of choosing  Zoom.US Google Hangouts, Skype or Facebook for this portion of the examination. Note: All participants are bound by the EULA of the host media.

There is a fee, REGISTER HERE

choose your method of payment.

Requirements are broadband internet and a modern computer capable of video, a webcam and either a Mac, any brand of tablet, or Window PC. Note Windows Vista or above.

Digg This

No comments: