Sunday, March 7, 2010

Reform ? or Revolution !

From my post here you may discern that I was in the 'self pity' mode, last week, something which I like to do once in awhile...'why me?"

Well, I am over that now and into:

'I am mad as hell, and I am not going to take it anymore"  My next swing will be into "charge ahead...Don't look back".  I am sure (or at least hope) most of your can identify with this evolution of mood.

For the past 14 months I have been a civilian contractor for the U.S. Army...I have been 'laid off'....A consequence of the financial crunch facing state and federal governments. Unfortunately I was not the beneficiary of all that "stimulus' money". 

The health reform debate, continues in D.C., in the media, and around town. 

I could 'pull a week's worth of all nighters studying the bills and come away not knowing much more about what would work, and what would not work. 

Frankly as any working physician knows this is very complicated, and in a tight balance financially....changing one aspect would create ripples in the health care economy. 

Promoting the enormous changes in our present Health REFORM  bill would be 'revolutionary, probably counterproductive, and even REVOLUTIONARY.  Not bad, if it brings more freedom, more incentives, and rewards for efficiency.  Measuring outcomes is a slippery slope.  With rapidly evolving medical technology where do we set the bar? 

No comments: