Sunday, March 15, 2009

Rodney Dangerfield MD on the Health Train Express

" I don't get no respect' is the mantra we have   heard from Dangerfield.  According to many pundits, public policy advisors, health insurance companies, utilization reviewers, CMS, and more than the number of ABMS approved specialty categories, we  physicians are complete 'fools'.

 

from "Dave" 's commentary on the Wall Street Journal blog

Where have you been all my life?
What a numbskull I’ve been!
First, I get a BS in Biology, then an MS in Molecular Biology, then 4 years in medical school, 4 more years of training, triple-board certification, 20 years of seeing patients honing my diagnostic skills, none-stop study, dozens of medical conferences, thousands of internet searches…
When all I really needed was your “cookbook.” Is it on Amazon?
By the way, I have no patience for idiotic CEOs who recommend cookbook medicine when no such cookbook exists.

No comments: