To be clear, this is not the first act in this Congressional scam. True insurance got more difficult to buy after Congress favored first-dollar health plans with the HMO Act of 1973. Most employers were forced to offer HMO plans. Like the frog being slowed cooked, people began to think of prepaid health care (HMO/health plans) as health insurance when it actually was a corporate version of socialized medicine with centralized pooling of dollars and centralized control over medical decisions.
"Many health plans are smiling. We’ve essentially been forced by Congress to buy their catastrophic policies at first-dollar coverage prices. But because many Americans don’t remember catastrophic policies or know what real insurance is or how much insurance should cost—or how low cash-based medical prices could be—they don’t know how badly they’re being scammed.
Obamacare is not a gift to the uninsured. It is a gift to health plan corporations. They get:
- BOATLOADS OF CASH - 98% of all new spending in Obamacare—$1 trillion—goes to health plans through the Obamacare exchanges.
- FEWER BILLS - Deductibles are huge, so health plans in the exchanges won’t have to pay most health care bills.
- REDUCED COMPETITION – True catastrophic policies were outlawed for people over age 29, forcing many traditional health insurers to stop offering their policies or go out of business.
- CONTROL - Although the ACA requires health plans to spend 80% - 85% of premiums on medical care, corporate data systems and intrusive analysis that are used to limit care have been defined as “medical care,” decreasing the amount of money health plans must spend on actual medical care provided to patients and allowing them to use premium dollars to control doctors.
- COERCION - Americans are forced to buy the insurer’s product or pay a “shared responsibility payment” (penalty tax)—unless individuals claim an exemption (22 so far).
- PRICY PREMIUMS - Premiums paid to Obamacare-approved health plans are high because people are forced to pay for services they will never use.
- BAILOUT - Insurers are shielded from the insurance risks of people with pre-existing conditions (or lack of enrollment in Obama’s exchanges) by a three-year taxpayer-funded bailout plan.
- DOLLAR GRAB - A federal ACA “risk adjustment” program allows health plans with sophisticated data systems to annually claim “sicker patients” and strip premium dollars from smaller health plans that are less tech-savvy."
The Obamacare Scam