Friday, July 4, 2008

That's My Opinion


Quote of the day:
Look for the ridiculous in everything and you will find it. - Jules Renard

 

It's the 4th of July, so I am kicking back, firing up the barbecue, putting on the sun block and writing today's episode.

It is only early July and my wonderful spouse just told me she has heard enough about the Presidential candidates. I guess that means no more newspapers, FOX news, MSNBC, CNN, etc etc. I will take those off my FAVs on the cable remote.

We live right by a national cemetery and there will be a procession of cars, and flags.  Living here it does not take a special day to remember how our country was won, and how it has been maintained.  Yes, we are guilty of many atrocities, stealing lands and lives from native Americans as our country expanded westward. Liberals will be quick to point that out, but they forget their ability to speak out has been bought with the blood of their fellow Americans.  I can see both sides of this argument, however when compared to the rest of the world I leave the final judgment open.

At one time I was a liberal, some new things and some changes are for the better, and some things are better left alone. The liberal establishment has left the tracks.  Conservatives too, have left the tracks.  Both sides seem to be missing the point.

I digress here (too many beers, I suppose).

We may examine and compare our health system to other countries reflecting on statistics which must be placed in the framework of our culture and history.

I do not believe important decisions regarding our health system should be made during an election year. We don't need medical decisions influenced by black and white  yes's or no's. Health care is too important to mix it in with liberal vs. conservative issues, national defense, the price of oil, mortgage crises., gay marriage, tax cuts and/or tax increases.   Politicians will be pandering to their constituents to become elected. Do you really want a politician making your  healthcare decisions?

 

I leave you with this:  Happy Fourth of July

Stars and Stripes Forever

No comments: